Re: [tlug] RMS is at it again

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 10:15 AM, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:
> 2008/6/16 Gernot Hassenpflug <aikishugyo@example.com>:
>
>> Gernot "TV is evil" Hassenpflug
>
> Nice use of the word "evil" there.

Can you take a joke?

> Televisions can be used to display other things besides broadcast TV, you know.

I am an electrical and electronic engineer by training :-)

> If you don't want a television, fine ...

Good to see I could poke a raw nerve, though none was intended. My
personal story is my own, and has nothing to do with whether I approve
or do not approve of television.

> In the context of this thread, I can see why you bring it up, you
> could stand to tone down the holier-than-thouishness, methinks.

Get off my back [no malice intended]. You should read my post again.
It was an interesting story for this meandering thread, and not a
value judgment. Methinks lack of smileys disturbed you, or could be a
cultural difference from the great Atlantic divide.

Don't get me started on the evils of beer!

Cheers, Gernot