Re: [tlug] Bill Gates and the GPL , let the flames begin

On 4/30/08, Attila Kinali <attila@example.com> wrote:

> http://sam.zoy.org/wtfpl/
>  (no comments needed :-)

Since we're in a joke/flame thread I must disagree.  That license
is self-contradictory:

> Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim or
> modified copies of this license document, and changing it is
> allowed as long as the name is changed.

Sorry, that just doesn't cut it.  What if I *want* to change the name?

In the United States, such a license already exists, it's called
"Public Domain".

Switching back to serious mode, what would it take for an
international license to be the equivalent of US Public Domain -
"Do what the fuck you want to" everywhere?

-sb