Re: [tlug] Bill Gates and the GPL , let the flames begin

On 2008-04-24 21:56 -0700 (Thu), SL Baur wrote:

> I hate the proliferation of different Open Source licenses. We're all
> on the same side, basically....

Actually, no, we're not. Folks who use things like the BSD licences for
their own new projects are on the side of, "feel free to do whatever
sort of programming you like." Folks who use the GPL are on the side of,
"we'd like to control what you can do with your own original source code
that you write."

To me, anyway, it seems a rather dramatic diference.

cjs