Re: [tlug] [OT] Pre-Flextime & Automatic Ticket Gates

On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 2:50 AM, SL Baur <steve@example.com> wrote:
>  Since we're already off-topic ... was anyone else there for the changing
>  of the millenium (New Year's Eve 2000)?  It was kind of weird seeing
>  the band behind me on the big TV screen and sooo many people ...
>  I should still have pictures and maybe small videos of that.

I was here - but I was at home watching TV.  If you get video clips
posted, I'd like to see them!

>  Which side is Takashimaya and Shinjuku Gyoen?

The different department store names can get confusing - especially
when they're turning into discount electronics stores!  (Sogo at
Yurakucho now a Bic Camera & Mitsukoshi in Kichijoji now a Yodobashi
Camera, etc.)

I think the department stores in Shinjuku are:

East Exit: Isetan, Mitsukoshi
West Exit: Keio, Odakyu (part of which is a Bic Camera)
South Exit: Takashimaya, Tokyu Hands

The closest exit for Shinjuku Gyoen would be either the Southeast Exit
or the New South Exit.

Here's a good map of the exits:
http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/stations/e866.html

Lyle