Re: [tlug] Third World [was: Why Vista Sucks]

On 4/5/08, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:
> SL Baur writes:
>   > -sb (who has been living in the 3rd world for awhile now
>
>  Now *that* is an interesting (but not entirely inaccurate) way to
>  describe Milpitas (which by the way is a sister city of <drumroll />
>  Tsukuba!)

4 of the last 5 years since leaving Japan, by a stricter definition of
"3rd World".  There are some 3rd World aspects to Milipitas.  I
 Manila, I can walk into any random computer store and buy a
Linux pre-install right off the shelf.  *Any* store.  Can't do that in
the USA.  Heck, I couldn't find any Linux distro CDs for sale.

-sb (Taxi drivers in Manila speak better English than the ones here)