Re: [tlug] Re: Why Vista Sucks (was: linux: it's becoming ubiquitous)

Josh Glover writes:

 > Sorry, I think you misunderstood me. I was not belittling the
 > engineering skills of Eastern Europeans, I was simply saying that a
 > lot of the contract programmers who frequent those sorts of sites are
 > not very skilled or don't really care about quality. My gut feeling is
 > most contract programmers who do work-for-hire on the web (as opposed
 > to at companies) will probably move on to a full-time job or a more
 > standard consulting arrangement when their skill level allows.

Well sure, but I bet some of them are American college students who
can't speak English either.  Just don't bring the Eastern Europeanness
into it unless what you are explaining is why people who are just as
good as $80,000+fringes/year Silicon Valley programmers are willing to
work for $15/hr on a 100-hour contract.

 > I could be completely wrong, of course, but this is the impression
 > that I get of these sites,

Well, Brian B and the sourceXchange people have moved on, why I don't
know for the latter, but Brian is doing CollabNet in cooperation with
ORA.  Obviously he had a better idea....

BTW, since cosource and sXc no longer exist, I don't know what sites
you are talking about.  Pointers?