Re: [tlug] [OT] Pre-Flextime & Automatic Ticket Gates

On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 9:27 PM, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:
> On 05/04/2008, SL Baur <steve@example.com> wrote:
>
>  >  I never figured out east from west in Shinjuku Eki even though I went
>  >  through it almost every day when I lived in Tokyo.  The Keio-sen
>  >  entrance was west, right?
>
>  No, east. :)

No, west :)

>  Unless I am confused, which is possible even though I pass through
>  Shinjuku 10 times a week at minimum, given the size and complexity of
>  the beast.

I used to teach this Aikido Master English and I remember one time he
told me about a news story he'd just seen where a man got separated
from his wife and child in Shinjuku Station and was found in tears
after wandering around the station for hours looking for them.  The
family was reunited, the Aikido Sensei was amused, and I was mostly
amused, but I also remembered the fear I had of getting lost in that
station in my first week here back in '84.

Lyle