Re: [tlug] Why Vista Sucks (was: linux: it's becoming ubiquitous)

On 3/25/08, Godwin Stewart <gstewart@example.com> wrote:

> In that case, would you care to explain why CSS (which I've only ever seen
>  used in conjunction with HTML) has constructs specifically for defining a
>  layout?

CSS was "designed" as a result of all the idiots clamoring for page layout
functions.  It separates layout hints from the content, so it's probably as good
of an approach as any.

Oddly enough, even though Microsoft wasn't the first adopter of CSS (as is
typical for them), they popularized it past the moribund-at-the-time Netscape.

I was writing web pages with stylesheets in XEmacs that could be viewed in
W3 (and CSS-less browsers without degradation) long before anyone
other than WIlliam Perry adopted the technology.

-sb