Re: [tlug] [Announcement] TLUG Technical Meeting 2008-01-12 streamcast

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
Matt Gross writes:
> > > video quality is not good, but it's a (current) limitation of
> > > opensource/free codecs.

Very cool, and 320x240 is fine resolution for the purpose.

Suggestion for the camera: the screen is pretty unreadable at this
resolution, especially from that oblique angle.  Focus on the speaker
and/or the audience more.  That's who the overseas folks want to see
anyway, I bet.  I know I do!

This is a good idea for the future, but as we didn't really give our speakers and audience much advanced warning, so sticking to the slides was safer this time round. I though 640x480 would be a nicer resolution to broadcast but we may start getting bandwidth problems.

Speakers could try to post their slides in advance.

I will try and get the speakers to do this for the next meeting.

Edward