Re: [tlug] Fw: EFF Action Alert: Telecom Immunity Showdown in the Senate

emiddleton@example.com writes:

 > activities.  Though I think it is a bit weak to criticize the presidents
 > methods (i.e. using a third party) when the EFF is advocating using the
 > same third party (AT&T) to attack the presidents surveillance program.

I don't see your point.  What Bush is trying to achieve is a situation
where he doesn't have to claim executive privilege to back up his lies
about illegal surveillance activity, because the actual agents aren't
part of the executive branch.  But they would nonetheless be immune
from questioning.

What the EFF is talking about doing is aggressive, sure, but it's no
more aggressive than any other lawsuit.

This is the first time in years that I've been willing to put my name
to a campaign instigated by the FSF, LPF, or EFF, FWIW.