Re: [tlug] Fw: EFF Action Alert: Telecom Immunity Showdown in the Senate

Jim Maricondo wrote:
> If you have time (and are American), you ought to contact your
> senators over this...  I think it really sucks how the NSA and
> president are using 3rd party companies to conduct digital
> surveillance to spy on all people whose data passes through the US
> against the law.

Telephone companies need to be held accountable for their actions, if
only to make them think before allowing illegal surveillance
activities.  Though I think it is a bit weak to criticize the presidents
methods (i.e. using a third party) when the EFF is advocating using the
same third party (AT&T) to attack the presidents surveillance program.
Not that I have any sympathy for AT&T,  they didn't appear to have any
concerns about complying with the surveillance program.

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "EFFector list" <editor@example.com>
> Sent: Saturday, December 15, 2007 10:28
> Subject: URGENT Action Alert: Telecom Immunity Showdown in the Senate!

This is the first time I have seen this sort of subject line used for
something that wasn't spam.

Edward