Sent: Saturday, December 15, 2007 10:28
Subject: URGENT Action Alert: Telecom Immunity Showdown in the Senate!

A make-or-break moment for telecom immunity has arrived --
after months of back-room committee-meetings, the FISA bill
will finally reach the Senate floor on Monday! The clock is
ticking and the upcoming votes will be critical. Email
your Senator now:

http://www.eff.org/showdown

Almost two years ago, EFF filed suit against AT&T for its
illegal participation in a massive digital dragnet of
Americans' private communications. In recent months, the
Bush Administration has been pressuring Congress to
immunize telecommunications companies against this
litigation.

Just a few months ago, immunity seemed like a forgone
conclusion. But last month, outcry from thousands of
concerned citizens like you changed the tide, when the
Senate Judiciary Committee approved a bill that didn't let
lawbreaking telecoms off the hook.

Unfortunately, a previously-reported version of the bill
that grants telecom immunity will be presented to the
Senate on Monday morning. This vote is our chance to strip
immunity from the bill. If you care about holding
corporations accountable for lawbreaking, and about
preserving privacy rights, now is the time to take action:

http://www.eff.org/showdown

Note from editor@example.com: Unfortunately, the complete
EFFector newsletter wasn't ready for publication this week,
but this urgent Action Alert needed to be published. Thank
you for your patience -- look for the full newsletter in
your email inbox early next week!