Re: [tlug] Amazon Kindle

Keith Bawden wrote:
On 11/25/07, CL <az.4tlug@example.com> wrote:
In that respect, perhaps it has mimicked a real book just a little too
well.  It means that you need a good outside light source to make it
readable.

It means you can read it in full daylight and every other lighting condition that you currently read a book in.

No duh.

Therein lies the issue. If it "only" does what a book does, then a book is still the more cost effective alternative -- without resorting to the acid content of cheap paper / bookshelf argument and keeping it at the basic reading or traveling level. If I can read it in a long flight, train, or in a bus without disturbing other people with a bright overhead light, or if I can read it while passing through marginal weather, then it does another useful thing that a book can't. How many US$10 books will you have to read on a US$400 reader before it becomes more cost effective than a paperback?

--
CL