Re: [tlug] Amazon Kindle

> I hadn't twigged to the "no backlight" problem before I read this one ...

It's not supposed to have a backlight.  The point of the e-ink display
is that it's supposed to very closely mimic the look of paper, and
regular books have no backlight.  I think this is probably the reason
that I can read books on an e-ink display for hours without my eyes
getting tired.

If you want to see what an e-ink display looks like in real life, you
should go to Yodobashi or whatever and find a Librie, which I think is
still being sold here.

 - Drew