Re: [tlug] NTT Hikari Fiber - Does it "Just Work" with Linux (Kubuntu)?

Patrick Kellaher ????????:
> So would having fiber installed to a single family house be faster
> than almost end of line 40Mb ADSL line which I get about 5Mb on
> usually?
It depends. As someone has pointed out, if you are the only one over the
line, go for the fiber, if you are using fiber of "mansion-type" ( type
one of type two ) then the performance may be worse.

>  I would love to go fiber but often wonder about the speed.
I am living in a mansion that has 5 houses. Assuming that everyone in
the house owns 02 computers like me , and that I am the only geek eats
up the bandwidth, there will nothing to worry about.

> Never thought of the Linux support though... everything usually works
> with my trusty Linksys router.

Linux has nothing to do here. They just work :D