Re: [tlug] NTT Hikari Fiber - Does it "Just Work" with Linux (Kubuntu)?

On 9/6/07, Lyle H Saxon <llletters@example.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure which path to recommend....

I would go fiber every time. I've used both ADSL and fiber here in J
and I can honestly say the fiber is far far better in pretty much
every aspect.

The fact that the link is shared has never had a discernible impact on
my experience. For example I used to use IPTV with an ADSL line. If I
checked my email and there was a large attachment my TV would become
stilted. With fiber I can be using bitorrent, downloading an iso,
doing a net install of debian and the picture never skips a beat.

Regards, Keith