Re: [tlug] Computers as Military Weakness; Copyright and TLUG

jep200404 wrote:

> Considering that many of the articles are written by authors
> outside the government, it might be that we are not allowed
> to copy them. It's unfortunate that the file is in a
> proprietary format. When OpenOffice renders the file,
> the smaller text in the banner is trimmed to illegibility
> as viewed on my computer. This might lead one to inadvertently
> think that there are no copyright issues with the articles therein.
>
> Stephen, what comments do you have?

I am not Stephen, nor do I play a lawyer in my own mind.

Fair use may, or may not, permit quoting a paragraph of the
article, with a URL acting as a stand-in for the rest of the
article.

Is copying an article a violation of copyright? Nobody is
claiming ownership of the intellectual property that is
the article.

Exactly where is the violation with copyright permissions?