Re: [tlug] [OT] US Civil War: Total War

jep200404 wrote:
CL wrote:

One of the things that doesn't get mentioned much any longer is The Jubilee (aka "Sherman's March to the Sea")

I had never heard of the song, but I have certainly been aware of the destruction of the march

I found the comment that it was a song sung as the Japanese Imperial Army marched in to occupy Port Arthur (Dalian) interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherman's_March_to_the_Sea

This article is the first mention I have ever seen of forces loyal to the Union coming from places in the very deep south. I knew that some of the Border States produced military units for both sides but I'd never heard of a "First Alabama" before.

If you think something is lacking or warped on Wikipedia regarding this stuff, well of course, edit it.

For someone as anal as me, that would mean digging through my sources to provide accurate citations, to which I give my standard "white boy in Japan with small children" reply; "Who has time?"

--
CL