Re: [tlug] Re: [WAY-OT][CoLoCo] RESPECT MICROSOFT

Josh Glover writes:

 > Mother Jones had a few neat adjusted GDP formulae that try to take the
 > less-tangibles into consideration. Have you looked at any of these,

Not recently.

 > Are they reasonable to a *real* economist?

Dunno.  Do you have an URL?

The big problem is that measuring these "adjustments" is very hard,
precisely because they're off the books.  One of the reasons I quit
reading Mother Jones a couple decades ago was precisely that they let
politics drive their numbers instead of the other way around. :-(
That said, I have no reason to believe it's true any more.  Maybe I'll
take a look when I have privileges at a library that stocks such
journals again.

Do you have a citation for those numbers/formulae?