RE: [tlug] Re: [WAY-OT][CoLoCo] RESPECT MICROSOFT

***Warning: Pro-war type, anti-war types, and those just
   agitated with the evening news may want to hit the del
   button now. :P ***

I think I managed to miss the post before this, but I have mixed
feelings on the wars.  I do not like war.  :P I particularly do
not like war.  I know that the situation in the middle east has
been pretty grim for centuries.

Thinking we could make a big change there was quite likely insane,
but even with all the opposition from outside groups, we went in
anyway.

The biggest irony though, is that things in that region ARE changing.
In some cases, it is groups that were previously separate merging
together, in more than their usual temporary pack method.  In other
cases, it is cities that have been war zones for decades where people
are willing to walk across the street.

A lot of people have been lost on both sides, but things are changing.
I still have mixed feelings.  Not a lot I can do personally either way.
I can vote when election times come, but that is about it.

I don't put stock in opinion polls really.  There was one done recently
that claimed to have polled the majority of military personnel.  Guess
what...  No one outside of the continental US were even approached.  Most
of the guys stateside that I have talked too never heard of the polls
until they made the news.  Opinion polls are propaganda tools, no matter
which side of an argument they are in favor of.  As such they just serve
to agitate the actual majority of military, while pacifying what they
can of the civilian populous. ^^;;

Reports from the front, emails from friends at the comm stations, and
information from guys transferring in from line units...  Those mean
a hell of a lot more to us than anything we see on AFN or CNN.  It is
easy to talk about the network stations and call them propaganda networks,
but it just doesn't mean the same until you have an actual picture to set
beside the one they are painting.

I know this is a bit off topic even for the original post.
gomenne.

--
Ken