Re: [tlug] [RFC] Proposed method for TAGGING subjects

>> many experts drifted away was because of moderately silly threads like
>> this one.  It's the bikeshed thing.
>
> In FreeBSD parlance, the word is a derogatory term that refers to any
> oft-recurring discussion about a particular subject; in particular, it
> is most often used to refer to a topic which has never reached a
> consensus within the FreeBSD community, and instead remains
> controversial.

I always thought the point was that the people knew nothing about
building power stations so everyone kept quiet; but bike sheds are easy
stuff, they all felt they knew something about that, so everyone chirped
in with their opinion.

This post is a bike shed post - I have something to say about the side
issue ("bike sheds"), but no interest in the original topic (tags in the
subject header).

Yours Hypocritically,
Darren

P.S. Shouldn't conversation about list policy (i.e. introducing a tag
policy) be on tlug-admin, not cluttering up the main list? Please??