Re: [tlug] [RFC] Proposed method for TAGGING subjects

Keith Bawden writes:

 > This thread has become a warren of cruft and corruption :-/ - I'm
 > lost. So this may be an ideal time to summarize what you think the
 > issue is and then propose the intended fix, followed by explaining the
 > resulting benefits.

Well, he did, in the RFC.

I think probably the best thing to do is to repost Edward's RFC on the
wiki, and lock it so only the RFC editor can change the text.  This is
the status quo proposed policy.  People wanting to change it
dramatically (including Edward!) can post their own pages, or if the
changes are short post them as comments.  The editor (who can be
Edward, if he feels up to it) will then judge when a consensus is
achieved, and amend the main copy.  If the editor judges there is an
impasse, he can ask the parties to compromise, or call for a vote.
(If there's going to be a vote, the editor should try to arrange that
several issues are brought to a vote at the same time.)

All of this is informal, really the editor is boss.  I'm just
suggesting a work flow that should work since we all trust each other.