Re: [tlug] [OT] Linux breeding out Microsoft (Was: Say _no_ to the Microsoft Office format as an ISOstandard)

On 08/08/07, burlingk@example.com <burlingk@example.com> wrote:

> From a government's economic standpoint, a citizen
> is a citizen.  For personal reasons they would prefer
> that they were pure bread, but from a taxation purpose
> a half white worker is just as good as a full Japanese
> worker.  ^^;;

And a non-citizen worker is even better, since we pay more taxes and
consume fewer services. :(

Japan probably does not give a shit, but the main reason I have zero
interest in living here for the rest of my life (and raising my 100%
gaijin kid here) is that I cannot realistically ever become a citizen,
and my kid, who has lived his entire life in Japan, would have a very
tough time of it as well.

And for me, if I cannot vote, I cannot live in a country for long.

--
Cheers,
Josh