RE: [tlug] [OT] Linux breeding out Microsoft (Was: Say _no_ to the Microsoft Office format as an ISOstandard)

I read an article once that said that the Japanese
government might be actively encouraging foreigners
to enter the country just because of that.  The
author fealt that Japanese males tended to be too
shy, and that made it easier for foreigners to end
up married to Japanese women.

>From a government's economic standpoint, a citizen
is a citizen.  For personal reasons they would prefer
that they were pure bread, but from a taxation purpose
a half white worker is just as good as a full Japanese
worker.  ^^;;

I know that may sound like a rather pecimistic reason
to encourage diversity, but who knows.  It could be true.
:P

A lot of his argument was based on the fact that so many
Japanese were used to arranged marriages, so meeting a
American, French, or Australian guy online was sometimes
easier than trying to screw with getting a Japanese guy to
man up and ask them out. ^^;;

I don't have children yet, but I have no doubt that by
the age of twelve, they will be more Japanese than American.
I am just wondering, with the current social environment,
would it be easier for them to look more like me or more
like their mother.

I've been told though that the half European look is actually
fairly popular these days.  If all of the current popular Japanese
Models and pop stars are any indication, that must be true.  :P

--
Ken