Re: [tlug] What would happen to the Internet if the US fell off the map

On 03/08/07, Nguyen Vu Hung <vu-hung@example.com> wrote:

> No, you can still ping Googlex.

:)

I actually read a very interesting column by Robert X. Cringely (as
in: he usually makes one cringe) about a GoogleNet, which is basically
a value-added chunk of the Internet. He made some (as usual) laughable
predictions, but overall, what he was describing made a lot of sense.

I'll have to try and Google it up. (The irony is palpable, I know.)

> At the time when all root nameserver dies and all the
> cables that connects continents are disconnected, Googlex will force
> every countries using satellites. You have to connect to GoogleInternet by dialing up
> through your mobile so that North Korea can trace your GPS and blow you out ( cf. Die
> Another Day) .

In Communist North Korea, GoogleInternet connects you!

Sorry...

--
Cheers,
Josh