Re: font/char set question: keitai: non-support of stuff is a feature . . . . . . . . [tlug]

On 31/07/07, Curt Sampson <cjs@example.com> wrote:

> Actually, I've not found CSS to be all that useful once you get much
> beyond static HTML pages.

CSS makes the user's browser work hard to render the page. Better
their browser than my poor overloaded server.

> One area where it is nice is when using Javascript to update the style
> of elements; merely adding or removing a class tag or two can make some
> quite dramatic changes in the presentation. That saves what would be a
> particularly painful library routine.

Didn't you just contradict yourself?

> > I have Firefox set to query me whenever a site wants to set a cookie,
> > and I usually say no, unless it is a site that I trust, and I see how
> > the cookie adds value to my experience (e.g. personalisation, etc.).
>
> I did that for a while, and it killed me. These days, since I have the
> Web Developer Toolbar installed anyway, and it Does the Right Thing in
> this case, I keep Disable Cookies / All Cookies set, and just turn it
> off if a web site isn't working and I particularly want it to. (This
> setting still returns cookies you already have, and accepts new cookies
> without prompting from sites where you've previously said "accept all
> cookies from this site." I can't recommend this mode of browsing enough.

How is this any different from what I do, other than the fact that you
don't have to hit escape a few times you visit a site for the first
time and I do?

--
Cheers,
Josh