Re: font/char set question: keitai: non-support of stuff is a feature . . . . . . . . [tlug]

On 30/07/07, jep200404 <jep200404@example.com> wrote:

> > Japanese keitai browsers are pretty damned primitive.
> > Here are some of the things that they do not support:
> > - Cookies (!)
> > - CSS
> > - Javascript
> > - Animations except for Flash
>
> The non-support of the above is mostly a _feature_ to me.
> It's a shame that Flash is supported.

Wow, you are clearly not a web developer. Care to explain how
Javascript is bad? Without it, no AJAX and no fake thick client web
apps like Google Maps.

CSS? Double-plus-good. Separation of content from presentation is one
of the core principles of software engineering, or so I've been
taught.

Cookies? Well, I guess you could go either way, but most large
e-commerce sites require 'em. I have Firefox set to query me whenever
a site wants to set a cookie, and I usually say no, unless it is a
site that I trust, and I see how the cookie adds value to my
experience (e.g. personalisation, etc.).

--
Cheers,
Josh