Re: [tlug] Post my article on tlug.jp?: Who's view does it represent?

On 7/29/07, Edward Middleton <emiddleton@example.com> wrote:
> I take it that you are doing this because you, like me, want to see more
> good content on the tlug site.  The issue really comes down to where we
> set the bar for acceptance.  If we set it too low people will be
> discouraged from submitting good content because they will feel our site
>   diminishes their work, if we set it too high no one will submit.

I think going for copious amounts of topical quantity is a better
approach. For a couple of reasons. One is that we can do a review to
see if the item is topical, and ignore subjective things like does it
meet "a" standard... This kind of review anyone can do as we all know
what TLUG is basically about. As a pretty casual group do we want to
strive for perfection and demand this of any of our members who get
off their arses and submit some content... that is do we want to spend
the time and effort on setting uup and maintaining review boards and
what not?

The final reason is because over time the page rank of good content
will be higher than that of bad content. that way we can let the world
(it's netizens and search engines) do the quality reviews for us.

Regards, Keith