Re: [tlug] Re: Post my article on tlug.jp?

On 28/07/07, burlingk@example.com <burlingk@example.com> wrote:

> Either way, I would rather get a job that deals with
> my OS of choice, but I will take what I can get at the
> time.  As you said, sometimes it comes down to a matter
> of putting bread on the table.  ^^  I hope things will
> go well. :)

Yes, and I hope you know that I don't judge you for taking the bread
on the table job. I've been there, done that, got the (Burger King)
tee-shirt (which they make you *pay* $15 for, the cheap bastards!).

Scott's point about me being a bit of a naive elitist is well taken; I
don't really know how rare my skills are, since hackers are terrible
at evaluating themselves, cf.

http://www.paulgraham.com/gh.html

Please note that I do not consider myself an eponymous "great hacker",
but I know I have the hacker mindset.

--
Cheers,
Josh