[C&C] The Advantage of 8-Track Tapes . . . . . (was: Re: [tlug] [C&C] AAC is lossy, FLAC is lossless)

8-track tapes have their advantages.

Josh Glover wrote:

> Actually, my dad bought a Cadillac second-hand in roughly 1990, which
> had an eight-track player sitting proudly in the middle of the
> wood-grain dash.

Where I used to work, Walkmans and cassette tapes would disappear
overnight. So I brought in an old 8-track stereo system and
would leave the 8-track tapes out in the open.
_Nobody_ would touch them. Security through obsolescence!

I still have an 8-track tape deck that can play _and_ record,