Re: [tlug] [C&C] AAC is lossy, FLAC is lossless

On 25/07/07, Lyle H Saxon <llletters@example.com> wrote:

So... by '89, I think the
only 8-tracks in existence were in junk yards?  But I guess that's the
joke then?  That it was long-dead rusty non-functional technology from
day-one when it was installed?

That is the joke. :)

I write from whence I know, however. I grew up in rural Virginia, and
have known many a Joe Bob User in my life.

Actually, my dad bought a Cadillac second-hand in roughly 1990, which
had an eight-track player sitting proudly in the middle of the
wood-grain dash. Luckily, my dad still had a few eight-track tapes
left from his collection, so we used to jam to Eric Clapton and Dwayne
Allman and the Grateful Dead in that Caddy.

Good times.

--
Cheers,
Josh