Re: [tlug] [C&C] AAC is lossy, FLAC is lossless

On 7/25/07, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:
Actually, my dad bought a Cadillac second-hand in roughly 1990, which
had an eight-track player sitting proudly in the middle of the
wood-grain dash. Luckily, my dad still had a few eight-track tapes
left from his collection, so we used to jam to Eric Clapton and Dwayne
Allman and the Grateful Dead in that Caddy.

Good times.

Grateful Dead huh? Cool. When I used to work at Linear Power in 1979, Peter Werback shut down the company early once so he, his wife, sister and friend (top management) could drive down to San Francisco (in a pair of oxidized 1973 2002tii's) to see them in concert. We also had pizza and beer at lunch on Fridays until it became apparent that no work was getting done on Friday afternoons! I remember one hot afternoon after lunch when I swatted a fly and watched as it fell to the ground. It had lost a wing, but was still walking. Ants came up to claim the meal, and I felt sorry for the fly trying to avoid them, so I smashed it out of the horror of its flightless condition with the onrushing ants. I even got back to work after that, but maybe you can (or maybe not) imagine the laid-back atmosphere there (in Roseville, California, part of the Sacramento area).

Working in a tightly managed Japanese company now, those days seem
like they were from the far end of another universe.

Lyle