Re: [tlug] [OT] MP3 Player usb support MACOS

On Jul 23, 2007, at 9:26 AM, Jonathan Byrne wrote:

On Sunday 22 July 2007 20:23, Pietro Zuco wrote:

A friend of mine wants to buy an MP3 player. She uses a MAC and the
only options are: iPod, (and another maker I don't remember)
Other players just say only Windows compatible.
Many of other MP3 players have just a normal USB memory like a normal
usbdrive.

You actually can use an iPod as a USB drive, although the USB part is segragated from the music part, IIRC (that is, you can't load songs into it as a USB drive, but you can use it for data storage).

I have an 80 GB iPod and love it. Unless I had some specific need/ desire
for something that the iPod.

<snip more ipod is great and you can even use it under linux, too>

please…not again a "to ipod or not to ipod"-discussion…

Niels