Re: [tlug] mlterm mojibake problem

On 23/07/07, steven smith <sjs@example.com> wrote:

I looked at rxvt-unicode and it works quite nicely.  At this
point, if I spend any more time on mlterm it's just 'cause
I'm being stubborn, and I really don't have time for that,
so I'm going with what works.

In my opinion, the only term emulators that are worth two shits in a thunderstorm for serious i18n work are gnome-terminal and kterm. They both Just Work, for any encoding under the sun (gnome-terminal can switch encodings just like Firefox, and I assume kterm can as well) and SCIM works nicely. Plus, tabs!

Lo! shall I sing the praises of gnome-terminal unto the very twilight of my day!

And I fucking hate Gnome, just ask anyone (I hate KDE, which is just
slightly less than the "fucking hate" rating that Gnome so richly
deserves). ;)

--
Cheers,
Josh