Re: [tlug] Fwd: OOXML in Japan

On 23/07/07, David J Iannucci <jlinux@example.com> wrote:

Yes.  There's no way that address could possibly have been gotten,
or guessed, by anyone else except via the petition people.
That's part of "it's not luck" :-)

I think you are being paranoid, so let me drop some paranoid science of my own. Remember, their survey was plaintext, and A Certain Software Vendor Based Just Outside of Seattle in Redmond has good reason to oppose what they are doing. What if Microsoft snags all addresses that sign the survey, and aside from putting them on a To Kill list, sells them to spammers just to frame the petition lot?

I'm not saying that is plausible, but why in the world would the
petition chaps want to sell your address to spammers?

--
Cheers,
Josh