Re: [tlug] Linux / MacOS X and dv cameras

Hi Lyle,
>  I've been wondering
> how I'm going t get that material digitized.....

to DVD you stated.

> Does anyone have any other information about this?

Um, ok what is the lifespan of a DVD compared to a minidv or 8 mm tapes.
I thought I ought to backup my minidv tapes but the information I found
was that the tape has a much much longer life than a DVD (and I didn't
want to have to keep doing it ...so I left them in minidv format).

Anway, it might be something to consider.  Assuming my 30 minutes of
googling turned up accurate information, I'd keep your original tapes
should you digitize them.

If you hear differently, please do let me know if this, in fact, is not
really the case.

Shawn