Re: [tlug] core dumps

On Sun, Jul 15, 2007 at 07:11:50AM -0700, steven smith wrote:
>..
> Linux programming books I have.  How does one enable core
> dumps in Linux.  And the message above implies that a core

see the output of 'ulimit -a'
'ulimit' is a shell built-in so you have to read the {ba,z,c,whatever}sh
manpage if you want to know more.

> file was created although I suspect that it wasn't.  Where
> would an application that's started from the panel dump core to.

it basically depends on the working directory of the process, usually
deamons chdir to / so their coredumps will be in /.
See
	ls -l /proc/$(pidof scim-panel-gtk)/cwd

to get the current working directory of the process.

cheers
--
mattia
:wq!