[tlug] core dumps

Hi

I had a problem that turned out to be a permission problem
on the font directory for fonts I added.

I found it using strace and finding an open on a font file
that failed.

Anyway ... this was in the  strace output:
--- SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault) @ 0 (0) ---
+++ killed by SIGSEGV (core dumped) +++

I found no core file.  I know that on Solaris this had to be
enabled.  I couldn't find any references to this in the
Linux programming books I have.  How does one enable core
dumps in Linux.  And the message above implies that a core
file was created although I suspect that it wasn't.  Where
would an application that's started from the panel dump core to.

Thanks
Steve S.