Re: [tlug] [OT] Say _no_ to the Microsoft Office format as an ISO standard

Godwin Stewart writes:

 > Yes, that's another, albeit less efficient, solution. Less efficient in
 > that your browser then attempts to open up an HTTP connection to localhost
 > on order to fetch the "diverted" content. With my solution, the browser is
 > told that the domain serving up the ads doesn't even exist and therefore
 > won't attempt to connect anywhere.

Sure.  That's a cool advantage of your solution.  I might adopt it for
my home net, time permitting.  But I don't really have that much
trouble with ads, I guess I'm just not visiting enough radically cool
sites like WiReD. :-P