Re: [tlug] Linux on Sun Fire X4600

Everyone,

Thank you for your help. OpenSolaris is the most obvious choice, but I
was actually trying to avoid it and dedicate more time to my research.
As a good kohai, I was "invited" to assume the position of BOFH of our
lab, therefore I would like to take this job as easily and smoothly as
possible and give priority to what really matters.

As for RHEL and Suse, according to my superior, it'd be better if we
skipped them in order to save some money (license? support? No idea,
never touched RHEL). As for me, I don't have anything against these
distros. Actually, I'd feel more relieved if they spent a couple of
yens on one of them.

Anyway, can you guys now recommend me some good references on
sysadministering & OpenS besides the ones Erin provided?

PS: OpenSolaris is really capable of running Linux applications,
right? I wouldn't like to be chased by my sempais if, by any chance,
their infinitely long ns-2 simulation baffles with a huge core dump.