Re: [tlug] Can't Change ownership of symlink

TLUG,

Finally, solved. Sort of.

What I did to solve it was like what was suggested before, but with slightly different permission parameters:
chmod 777 /home/dave

It works, but it feels a little funny to make my home directory so wide open.

I'd like to keep my web_sites directory in my /home/dave directory for backup purposes.

Is it bad that my /home/dave directory has 777 permissions?

Is there a better way to set up the permissions?

--
Dave M G