Re: [tlug] Can't Change ownership of symlink

> lrwxrwxrwx  1 dave dave   21 2007-04-07 13:55 phpmyadmin ->
> /usr/share/phpmyadmin
> lrwxrwxrwx  1 dave dave   20 2007-06-27 09:41 web_sites ->
> /home/dave/web_sites
> Also note that the permission settings on phpmyadmin is exactly the same as
> the web_sites symlink. I can access phpmyadmin, but I still can't access
> web_sites.

Try becoming the user apache runs as, e.g. "www":
  su - www
  cd /home
  cd /dave
  cd /web_sites
  ls

See if/where it fails. Or, cut straight to the conclusion: perhaps you
need to make /home/dave world-readable with:
  chmod o+r /home/dave/
  chmod o+r /home/dave/web_sites/

Darren