Re: [tlug] tokyo linux developers?

On 05/06/07, Evan Monroig <evan.monroig@example.com> wrote:

As others already responded, you are right.  It is just an expression
for when you want to include a little more than Tokyo, the greater
Tokyo (thanks Stephen for correcting me :)).

You almost got it. It's "Greater Tokyo"; no need for the definite article. Ain't articles easy in English? ;)

I think people who have lived in Yokohama will not consider themselves
Tokyoites, while people who live in Chiba pretend to be from Tokyo.
;-P

-Josh (who has lived in all three: Yokohama -> Chiba -> Tokyo)