[tlug] *Small* NAT/DMZ/LAN h/w suggestions?

Hi,

I'm helping a friend set up a small office.

Requirements:
small LAN (5 or 6 workstations max)
DMZ - 1 or 2 Internet facing servers (web server + ?).

I need to set up a firewall/router.

My initial thought is to get a low end server and configure up some
iptables. But even such a server is really overkill for a router/firewall.
(Don't need an 80Gig h/d, 1Gig RAM and a 3 or 4 Gig processor..... or a
big power hungry box...)

However that is the solution I would be most comfortable with since I
have the most control and know what's going on.

But, I wonder if there isn't a better (cheaper) solution.

I was thinking of maybe cascading a couple of consumer level routers,
but I'm leery of them from seeing periodic security holes posted on
BugTrac. Also, I don't know if they are configurable enough to set up
a couple of separate networks.

Suggestions/experiences?

Thanks,
Ed