Re: [tlug] *Small* NAT/DMZ/LAN h/w suggestions?

Requirements:
small LAN (5 or 6 workstations max)
DMZ - 1 or 2 Internet facing servers (web server + ?).

I find some of the Linksys routers to be adequate for all of the above. If you want to spend some more coin, but not make a CISCO type commitment, then something from Allied (or similar) may be the way to go. I've used something similar to this http://www.alliedtelesyn.co.uk/products/detail.aspx?pid=89&lid=25

Building your own firewall does give you fine grained control over the
lot, but it also increases the maintenance time that have to put into
it, and has more moving parts to worry about.

Regards, Keith