Re: [tlug] installing Ubuntu on Panasonic CF-R4

As I understand it, Ubuntu have two versions of their disks. Desktop and
Alternative.
Desktop - Has the live CD and GUI installer.
Alternative - Has a more traditional style installer with more options. It
also works on systems with less than the 192MB RAM required to run the
live CD.

This is the case. Alternative also seems to come with more drivers accessible during the install phase. I tried installing from the Desktop CD to find that my HDD was a dead stick. The alternative CD worked a treat, and now my wife is a happy Ubuntu user :-)

Regards, Keith