Re: [tlug] installing Ubuntu on Panasonic CF-R4

On Tue, 1 May 2007, Bruce wrote:

*Note: I do not want to erase the XP or the recovery section (orders from no.2).
(It does not come with a back up CD, as recovery is installed on the hard drive)

You might check to see if you have a utility that lets you create a bootable backup CD or DVD. These days, it seems quite typical of laptop makers to ask you to burn your own, as opposed to including one.

After wiping my XP partition on my ThinkPad I discovered rather to my
dismay that Lenovo wanted 8000 yen for the CDs that would let me restore it.

cjs