[tlug] Re: I'd like to help TLUG, but...

Someone nostalgically told me that it's been too long since they've
seen a good flame around here, so if someone will kindly pass the napalm
pack...

On 5/3/2007, "Shannon Jacobs" <shannon.jacobs@example.com> wrote:

> and/or simply hostile.

We're only hostile to assholes. Gee, what a coincidence...

>recommending a Mac in there, which I take as downright offensive...

Apparently he thinks that meant we believe he's stupid. OK, we do
believe he's stupid. Busted

Mac users on average, however, are no more computer-stupid than your
average Windows user and most of them are better. Since he finds the
idea of being told to use a Mac offensive, he may in fact be an average
Windows user. No *nix person would find that offensive, unless on moral
grounds a la RMS. In fact, many of us have Macs, in addition to Linux or
*BSD systems.

Could even be a Vista fanboy. Who else would be offended by being told to
try a Mac. Wait. Ballmer that's not you, is it? Somebody check for
flying chairs.

>Ubuntu, since Ubuntu is moving to a closed-box philosophy... Perhaps
>DOS or CP/M would be the best first OS?

Somewhere, a village is missing its idiot.

>is that TLUG doesn't seem to be worth much more of my time

Then STFU already and get back to your padded cell where you belong.

>regard the first post on this Subject: as parting remarks, and my plan
>is to unsubscribe as soon as would be polite.

You've already stayed far longer than would be polite. Not that you
really seem to care about politeness. All you've ever done here is tell
us how much you think we suck. Get out, already. You're about as
welcome as a dog crap on a Shinjuku sidewalk at rush hour.

>and as regards socializing, I also have alternatives.

Those poor kosupure girls...

>However, from my perspective, I think much of the 'problem' is simply
>that I do write so clearly and even forcefully.

Your problem is not with how you say it, but what you say. It's an utter
load of shite and we don't suffer fools gladly.

>tossed a number of thoughts into this mailing list, and most of the
>reactions have not seemed playful.

Well, duh. That concept that you could expect a playful reaction to your
spew boggles the mind.  Do you walk up to people and punch them,
thinking they will respond playfully instead of kicking your arse?
Actually, maybe you do. It would fit.

>joke is that I make a good living by my ability to help *OTHER* people
>write clearly in English

That's a joke, to be sure, but not the one you think. For a chuckle or
two:

http://shanenj.tripod.com/sah/index.html

My favorite part is point 3 in Seti Thoughts, regarding Seti@example.com asking
for feedback:

"I already offered a number of thoughtful and useful suggestions, and
they were NOT gratefully received."

I'm shocked. SHOCKED.

Shannon, here's a good suggestion for your Tripod page: maintain a list
of all the organizations that you have pissed off/been thrown out
of/become persona non grata with, TLUG being the latest of those (unless
you troll in parallel, anyway). Don't forget to write that part clearly
and forcefully now, y'hear?

Don't let the screen door slam you in the ass on your way out.