Re: [tlug] Re: Strange encoding problem in FireFox

Jim, Stepehn,

Thank you guys for your help.

The problem has evolved in strange new ways.

On WWWJDIC, the problem seems to have completely gone away now that I'm using utf8.

On another dictionary page, Space Alc ( http://www.alc.co.jp/index.html ), it looks like it's okay. But, when I checked the source code to see what encoding it was using, I noticed the source code was all munged.

I've included another screen shot of what I mean here:
http://autotelic.com/screenshot.png

Wait... actually now that I look at it closer, I can see that the web page is slightly munged. There's one an errant katakana in the word "polar".

Jim said:
I know it sounds very Microsofty, but maybe reinstalling Firefox
would help.
Gave that a whirl, but the situation has not changed.

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn