Re: [tlug] Re: Strange encoding problem in FireFox

Jim, Stephen, Charles,

Thank you all for responding.

Jim Breen wrote:
... it looks like your font for JIS (EUC/Shift_JIS/etc.) may be corrupted.

I think you've nailed it. I went to WWWJDIC, used the customization option to set the encoding to utf8, and the problem disappeared.

I don't know how I would have corrupted the font used for JIS.

How can I get it back? The only fonts I've ever knowingly installed on my system are utf8, so I'm not sure what FireFox is using.

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn